Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Northern California Spotlight: The Marauders - Since I Met You/I Don't Know How

Day 8 of the Northern California Battle of the Garage Bands spotlight!

I don't know too much about these cats other than they hailed from Sacramento, California. The Marauders released this one single in November of 1965 on the one-off label, Skyview Records.

Since I Met You is a wonderful original composition with a great melody which was comped on the legendary, Pebble Vol. 10. And cool beans of all cool beans, they released it with a picture sleeve! Pretty darn uncommon. Our copy is as minty as mint gets, but it's still such a low-fi recording it is hard to make out anything the singer is saying. See the comments section below for another recording of this record. The songwriting credit goes to G. Strawn, B. Barmby, R. Jagla and J. Giere/

The flip side is the tepid, I Don't Know How. Jack Giere gets writing credit here.
Until next time, we'll see you On The Flip-Side!

11 comments:

  1. Cool Beatlesque flavour. It seems like Pebbles 10 is kinda ''fatal'' for you. It's my fav too, but fatal for me was vol.2, Dig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pebbles vol 10 was definitely one of my faves. A real concentration on good melodies. Too bad the lyrics are unintelligible.

      Delete
  2. I like it in that sub-unintelligible way ! Just _______ rocks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a listen to this. Asbestos I can tell, it's an alternate version.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKDkW88vrIs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was really great! Do you know anything about this recording? Where it was released or anything like that? The lyrics are much more clear.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://rockprosopography101.blogspot.com/2009/11/one-moment-in-incestuous-history-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. Great research. I'm actually from Davis, CA which gets a lot of play in that article.

      Delete
    2. Glad to help! In a few days, my radio show will be uploaded and it will contain this song, plus a lot of other great sounds. Click on my name to hear the current show.

      Delete